Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wacom! Wacoff!

I finally picked up a Wacom Tablet, which is something I've been wanting to try out for a while.

I'd been warned that it's a little tricky to get used to drawing with the tablet but I think I'm getting there!

I wanted to try colouring something, so I decided to use a sketch by Gabe who creates the artwork for the online comic, Penny Arcade. I've been a fan of his work for a long time and I know he uses a Wacom for his own artwork, so thought I'd try my hand at colouring one of his sketches:



I opened this as a seperate layer in Photoshop and added the linework and colour overtop:



It's a little shaky but I'm getting more and more comfortable with drawing with the tablet so it's a good learning experience.

3 comments:

Danny North said...

you are one talented motherfu*cker.

Graham D Pilling said...

haha, cheers D. ;)

Irene said...

I bought my wacom in 05 and hardly use it; still can't get used to it enough.