Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gallows - Grey Britain Tour poster series

My London based mucker Chris '3D Glasses' White was commissioned to put together a poster series to accompany Gallows' forthcoming tour in support of their muchly-anticipated new album Grey Britain, and I'm delighted to have been asked to contribute.

I wanted to come up with something which sat alongside the feel and imagery associated with their new record and so immediately knew that a dramatic looking London skyline was going to play a large role in the direction of the illustration.

Here you can see me trying out a few different ideas:



Once I was settled with my final design, I spent approximately 1039 hours doing the colour seperations in Photie-Shop and then sent these off to be printed by the (very capable) zombies at Phantom Screenprint, who did a magnificent job:



(here you can see the grey underprint used to get the darker shade of red)



These will be onsale at the Sheffield leg of the tour, as well as from myself afterwards.

3 colour A2 sized print, signed & numbered and limited to 100. £12 plus postage within the UK.

Check out the rest of the series here and visit Gallows' site by shoving your browser into the circle pit hither.

No comments: