Friday, June 18, 2010

Hot Water Music, Leeds UK gigposter

I can't keep these things under my hat for too long, so here we are.


Hot Water Music have such strong and instantly recognisable album artwork that my immediate response was to try to capture some of the feel of the excellent painted work of Scott Sinclair, using already established visual language that fans of the band will pick up on; elements such as the sombre, angular figure, the vines, the birds, and the Russian dolls, etc.

Hopefully I've captured the feel of the band's artwork but kept everything within the realms of my own style.

This will be available to buy from the gig on Tuesday night, as well as from me via mailorder afterwards. I'll update with some pics of the final printed posters as soon as I have them in my grubby mitts...

Posted via email from Army of Cats

2 comments:

Liz of Wool Boutique said...

I love the Russian Dolls. Make me a teeshirt!

Graham D Pilling said...

Thanks! You are a teeshirt!