Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Poster Roast Leeds

Look at that massive C there.  It's massive.  What does it mean?

It means Poster Roast is coming to Leeds, of course, in conjuction with Constellations Festival taking place on Sunday, November the 14th, at a few different venues here in Leeds.

Not only can you watch such awesome bands as Les Savy Fav, Chickenhawk, Broken Social Scene, Liars, Four Tet and many others, but you can now also peruse an exhibition of gigposter designs from some of the very best poster maker people in the UK.

There will there be posters for sale, and you can also meet many of the artists themselves. Look at their faces! Peer intently at the back of their heads, in an effort to understand why, why, why, why... Feed them treats directly into their little hungry mouths -- but remember, FLAT PALMS, or they'll nip.

I would like to think that the exhibition element of the event is free to access, but in all honesty I don't really know.  I'm pretty sure there are windows to peer in through, though.

If you require more information you could always try and dredge something out of the pretty but ultimately completely fucking inaccessible website they have set up here: http://www.constellationsfestival.com/  

I was hoping to find a page containing all the useful exhibition which I would like to give out to potentially interested parties, but I can't find anything, and I've given up.  I no longer care.  I'm really looking forward to watching Les Savy Fav and having a beer.

No comments: